The next time you go to sign an email “Best,” keep these five superior signatures in mind. At the very least they’ll bring a little cheer to your workday…and at the very best they’ll make a great impression!
1. “Be Well” — There’s something Zen-like about this one, as if you’re sending good karma out over the cybersphere. It’s polite without being overly touchy feely, and can be used in situations where “thanks” just doesn’t suffice.
2. “Warmest” — Speaking of touchy-feely, this is a good one to use with people with whom you’ve developed a strong rapport. It’s like closing the email with a quick (work-appropriate) hug.
3. “Take Care” — It’s a little bit down-home, but that’s why we like it. This is a nice send-off to use with someone whom you are closing correspondence with; it has more finality than a “Be Well” but leaves things on great terms for the future.
4. “Talk Soon” — Let’s just put it right out there: if you’ve been hammering back and forth with someone over email for weeks, chances are you’re going to talk to them again before, say, your boyfriend. We like that this one acknowledges constant contact while keeping it light and conversational.
5. “Appreciate It” — We all want to feel appreciated, and this signature goes the extra mile to say so. The “It” could be anything: their help, their advice, their staying late to help you finish a project (ahem). The point is, you’re grateful, and saying so can pay dividends down the road.