1. Moderate — Everything in moderation, ladies — including how much you spent on that sweet vintage lamp at the flea market. Referring to an item as “moderately priced” hits just the right tone of thriftiness and class.
2. Nominal — A bit dismissive, this word can be used to blow off those small indulgences, like that soy latte or a new tube of lipstick. It’s basically a fancy version of the classic: “What, this old thing?”
3. Reasonable — Let your inner voice of reason shine with this tried and true adjective, sure to highlight your sensible side and fabulous taste.
4. Shabby chic — We love this whimsical word to describe those slightly imperfect buys, like lightly chipped coffee mugs or faded floral throw pillows.
5. Thrifty — Our perennial favorite, this adjective captures that “get out and get it” attitude. You don’t need a full wallet to live a fabulous life!